Deep Dive Into PostgreSQL Indexes – Free Course at Percona University Online
Percona University Online has released its second free course, “A Deep Dive Into PostgreSQL Indexes” by Ibrar Ahmed, Senior Software Engineer at Percona.
Indexes are a basic feature of relational databases. PostgreSQL offers a rich collection of index options for developers and designers. But users need to understand the basic concept of indexes, to be able to compare the different index types and how they apply to different application scenarios. Only then can you make the best decisions about index strategy and design.
This course consists of 13 short videos. Pass a brief quiz afterward and receive a Certificate of Completion from Percona. Begin the course on Google Classroom here. If you’re prompted for a class identifier, enter code xk5k6fz. The lesson list:
- Lesson 1: Overview
- Lesson 2: Heap vs Index
- Lesson 3: How to Create Indexes?
- Lesson 4: How to create an Expression Index?
- Lesson 5: Advantages of a Partial Index
- Lesson 6: Index Types: B-Tree
- Lesson 7: Index Types: What is the HASH Index?
- Lesson 8: Index Types: What is the BRIN Index?
- Lesson 9: Index Types: GIN and GIST
- Lesson 10: How to use different types of Indexes?
- Lesson 11: Index Only Scans
- Lesson 12: How to Find Duplicate Indexes?
- Lesson 13: Unused Indexes
- Course Quiz & Certificate of Completion
You can view the lessons directly on YouTube but you’re eligible for the Certificate of Completion only by attending via Google Classroom. For questions or suggestions, visit the Percona Forum Training category.
In case you missed it, see our initial Percona University Online course How to Upgrade to MySQL 8.0.
by Daniil Bazhenov via Percona Database Performance Blog