Windows Sandbox an isolated, temporary, desktop environment where you can run untrusted software without the fear of lasting impact to your PC.
Windows Sandbox has the following properties:
- Part of Windows: Everything required for this feature is included in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. There's no need to download a VHD.
- Pristine: Every time Windows Sandbox runs, it's as clean as a brand-new installation of Windows.
- Disposable: Nothing persists on the device. Everything is discarded when the user closes the application.
- Secure: Uses hardware-based virtualization for kernel isolation. It relies on the Microsoft hypervisor to run a separate kernel that isolates Windows Sandbox from the host.
- Efficient: Uses the integrated kernel scheduler, smart memory management, and virtual GPU.