Percona Live Europe 2020 — Call for Papers!
We are excited to share that we are proceeding with plans to host Percona Live Europe in person, 19-21 October 2020 in Amsterdam.
With that, we can also announce that the Call for Papers for Percona Live Europe is now open!
Given that COVID-19 local restrictions continue to change almost daily, our plans are also subject to change. Should the in-person portion of the conference need to be canceled, we will pivot to an ONLINE version.
We also understand that even with restrictions being lifted, you may not feel comfortable traveling, so we are working to ensure that much of the conference content delivered will also be available ONLINE.
Therefore, we are accepting talks from those interested in presenting in-person and virtually. We invite abstracts covering any and all aspects of open source databases, including on-premise, in the cloud, and across the multi-verse!
All open source database themes are welcome, but these are our hot topics for 2020:
- Success in the Multiverse: How to optimize performance, architecture, high-availability, replication, and more in a multi-cloud, multi-database environment.
- Support of Cloud-Native Applications in Database Environments: Burst scale and performance when you need it.
- Managing Systems at Scale: How to manage 1000’s of databases effectively.
- Finding and Solving Problems Quickly: Keeping systems up and running in the heat of an outage or a slowdown.
- Data Security: Prevent data leakage.
- Development: Best practices for enabling developers to self-support and make the right database choices.
Given the uncertainty around COVID-19, we are actively taking steps to ensure the safety of all who attend, including limiting the number of attendees, following recommended social distancing guidelines, and offering a flexible cancellation policy. To learn more about the measures we are taking, visit our website.
Percona Live events are a highlight for our staff, speakers, and attendees each year, and we thank the community for being so eager to come out and learn and share with us. Hopefully, we will see you all in Amsterdam this fall!
Deadline is 19 July 2020
by Bronwyn Campbell via Percona Database Performance Blog